Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Make sure you have bread to sop up the sauce on this one.
- 4 -6 pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon
- 2 cups hot water
- 8 ounces sour cream (fat free is okay)
- Season pork chops to taste and dredge in flour.
- Lightly brown in oil and place in crockpot; top with onion slices.
- Dissolve or soften bouillon in hot water and pour over chops.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- After the pork chops have cooked, stir 2 T flour into the sour cream.
- Stir into cooking juices.
- (It is not necessary for this to be totally blended into bouillon, but don't just dump it on top either.) Turn crockpot to high for 15-30 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes as you choose.
- I have made this in a regular oven, baking it at 250°, for 2 1/2 hours or longer.
- The longer it cooks, the more tender, but i would not recommend over 3 hours total.
- The sauce from this is incredible.
- Make sure to have something to sop it up with.
- The gal that originated this recipe said she fixed it on the first dates of her roommate and herself, and they both ended up marrying the guys.
What a yummy recipe. I used a whole pork loin cut into 1 inch thick chops. I used 3 bullion cubes and 3 cups of water and baked them in the oven for 3 hours. When I went to make the sauce it was very salty so I had to add some water to it. The pork was very tender and the sauce was delicious. Made very good leftovers.
This was oh so easy. Don't know if I've ever had chops sooo tender. Will definitely make again & maybe try adding baby carrots. The sauce was good on mashed potatoes, along with sopping a little.