Recipe by ~Bliss~
Make sure you have bread to sop up the sauce on this one.
Top Review by MollyLin
What a yummy recipe. I used a whole pork loin cut into 1 inch thick chops. I used 3 bullion cubes and 3 cups of water and baked them in the oven for 3 hours. When I went to make the sauce it was very salty so I had to add some water to it. The pork was very tender and the sauce was delicious. Made very good leftovers.
- 4 -6 pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon
- 2 cups hot water
- 8 ounces sour cream (fat free is okay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops to taste and dredge in flour.
- Lightly brown in oil and place in crockpot; top with onion slices.
- Dissolve or soften bouillon in hot water and pour over chops.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- After the pork chops have cooked, stir 2 T flour into the sour cream.
- Stir into cooking juices.
- (It is not necessary for this to be totally blended into bouillon, but don't just dump it on top either.) Turn crockpot to high for 15-30 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes as you choose.
- I have made this in a regular oven, baking it at 250°, for 2 1/2 hours or longer.
- The longer it cooks, the more tender, but i would not recommend over 3 hours total.
- The sauce from this is incredible.
- Make sure to have something to sop it up with.
- The gal that originated this recipe said she fixed it on the first dates of her roommate and herself, and they both ended up marrying the guys.