Recipe by kkmagtowle
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I like this recipe in particular because you can adjust it to fit your lifestyle. If you have the time and you choose to use fresh ingredients instead of frozen, it definitely works with this dish. The lasagna could easily be made ahead and even frozen. My kids much prefer alfredo sauce over a traditional red sauce and the Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning gives this dish a great twist while blending nicely with all the other ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely minced
- 12 baby carrots, minced
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 2 cups frozen corn, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (16 ounce) jars alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked and drained according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the shallots and saute over medium heat until translucent. Add the carrot and celery and saute until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the cooked, drained spinach and corn, mix well to combine. Scrape vegetable mixture into bowl and set aside.
- In that same sauce pan brown 1 lb. ground pork, using a fork to break it into small pieces as you cook it over medium-high heat. Cook until sausage is browned, drain. Add white wine to pork and simmer until alcohol evaporates, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl combine the Alfredo sauce with the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning mix. Add the sauce mixture to the cooked ground pork. Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese with the Ricotta cheese, mix well.
- Now its time to assemble this yummy dish:.
- Heat oven to 400*F. Grease a 13”X9” pan. Line bottom with a layer of noodles, making sure noodles touch but do not overlap. Use a plastic spatula to cover noodles with 1/3 cup ricotta mixture. Layer 1/3 of vegetable mixture on top of ricotta. Spread 1 cup of Alfredo/pork sauce over vegetables. Repeat layering of pasta, cheese, veggies and sauce. Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Coat a large sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Cover baking dish tightly with foil, sprayed side down. Bake 45 minutes or until noodles are tender and lasagna is hot in the center. Let the lasagna sit 10 minutes before serving.