Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a very old recipe that I found years ago in one of my mother's cookbooks that she got when she first got married. It is very delicious and a favorite in my household.
Top Review by MarineCorpsWife
This was really delicious. My husband absolutely LOVED it. It was a little too salty for my liking so next time I may use turkey bacon to cut down on the saltiness and also the fat content. Thanks for posting this, I will be making this again for the hubby!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom liquid
- 1 cup fine cracker crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Panfry bacon in skillet until browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in bacon fat until tender.
- Remove with slotted spoon and combine with bacon.
- Season tenderloin pieces.
- Dip in beaten egg, then roll in cracker crumbs.
- Brown in remaining bacon fat.
- Fill a 1-QT casserole dish with alternate layers of the browned tenderloin slices and the browned bacon, onions, and mushrooms.
- Add the mushroom liquid, cover and bake at 350*F for 30 minutes.
- VARIATIONS: I most often substitute orange juice or apple juice for the mushroom liquid.
- Makes it even more delicious!