Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We really enjoyed this with a tossed salad. Recipe source: Redbook magazine
Make and share this Pork AL Pastor recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice (I used orange juice)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pineapple, sliced (the original recipe said 3 slices, but I used the whole pineapple which is probably double that amou)
- corn, tortills warmed
- salsa, and other condiments usually served with tacos
- Slice tenderloin, lengthwise and then in 1/2 inch slices.
- In a medium bowl combine juice (see note in ingredients) chile, adobo sauce, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add pork and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Brush onion and pineapple slices with canola oil and add to grill pan over medium high heat, cook, stirring until charred (5 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool and then chop together.
- Add pork to pan and grill turning - 5 minutes or until done. Chop pork into 1/4 inch pieces and add to pineapple mixture.
- Serve with warm tortillas and salsa and other condiments.
Absolutely delicious! I used the pineapple juice and the pork was sweet and spicy and fantastic. Served with flour tortillas, salsa, sour cream and lettuce and enjoyed a wonderful flavorful meal - thanks for sharing the recipe!