Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not your usual type of sweet pie, but if you like poppy seeds, you'll probably like this. Cooking time is approximate.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 baked 8 inch pie crusts
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and eggs.
- Beat well with hand mixer.
- Gradually beat in milk, cream and poppy seeds.
- Place in a saucepan and heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and beat again to form a smooth custard.
- Cool slightly and pour into baked pie shells.
- Cover lightly with waxed paper to keep moist and smooth.
- Refrigerate until custard is set before serving.