Recipe by PersonsZoo
This a family favorite, any occasion, simple and delicious recipe. I use it with chicken or turkey and have found it to be a great way to use up those turkey leftovers after the holdays! I sometimes make it a day ahead, store in the fridge, and even occasionally warm it slightly in the microwave to cut down on the baking time.
Top Review by SweetOlive
One of my family's favorite casseroles....I have been making poppy seed chicken for over 30 years...it is simple but so delicious....I only use 4-6 chicken breast (or a whole chicken) and I add about 1-1/2 cups sour cream to the soup, but your recipe is the original one given to me years ago.....thanks for posting....
- 8 large chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 40 Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together chicken, soup, sour cream, and 1 tablespoon poppy seeds.
- Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Crush Ritz crackers and sprinkle over top of the chicken mixture.
- Melt butter and drizzle over crackers.
- Top with remaining poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400-degrees until golden brown and bubbly, approximately 45 minutes.