Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an extremely moist, very delicious cake. I'm a chocolate lover, but my father loved this cake, so I made it for him on his birthday every year and I've grown to love it myself. If I have to bring a dessert to a pot luck....I always bring this and it gets rave reviews.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 packages instant butterscotch pudding mix (1/2 pkg = 1/4 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cream sherry (Gallo)
- 2 ounces poppy seeds
- powdered sugar
- Grease 10" Tube pan.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Dust with some powdered sugar.
This has to be the best poppy seed cake I have ever eaten. The moistness of this cake made me fall in love with it!! It was so easy to make and tasted just great.