1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 22 mins
This is an old Czech recipe for Poppy Seed Cake that was given to me by a dear friend's Czech grandmother.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small sauce pan cook poppy seed with honey and 1/4 cup water for 5-7 minutes.
- 3Cream butter/margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add cooled poppy seed mixture to creamed mixture, and egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- 6Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 7Gradually add poppy seed mixture to dry mixture, beating well.
- 8Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- 9Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 9-inch tube (or bundt) pan.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 11Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- 12Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5820.3
- Calories from Fat 2863
- Total Fat 318.2 g
- Saturated Fat 160.1 g
- Cholesterol 1435.2 mg
- Sodium 5697.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 677.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.7 g
- Sugars 415.1 g
- Protein 92.3 g