Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This goes well with any number of entrees. From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Poppy Seed and Green Onion Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄3 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Cook noodles in medium saucepan of boiling slated water until al dente.
- Drain well, reserving 4 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat.
- Add noodles, green onions and poppy seeds.
- Toss until pasta is well coated, adding reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls to moisten if noodles seem dry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
I've tried this exactly to the recipe, and found it a pleasant if somewhat mild side dish. It went with some steaks and mashed potatoes for dinner. The second time I tried the recipe, I sauteed some mushrooms to add and slightly roasted the poppy seeds. In my opinion, the mushrooms give the dish a meatier, somewhat fuller taste, and I much prefer it with them. I served it along with my own recipe for garlic chicken. Either way, a good choice for a side or a snack when you want something quick and simple.
Perfect as a side. Served with Cranberry Pinot Meatballs and buttered peas.
03/05/2006 This is the perfect side dish. It doesn't overpower your meat selection and it isn't heavy. I served it along side Pan Seared Scallops. They went just wonderful together. I threw in a salad and dinner was ready. Update: Well, here I am again. I didn't realize that I had made this before until I was going to give my review. It is still a 5+ star for a great side dish. This time I served it along side Ww Garlicky Baked Shrimp 5-Points. What a great little side dish this is. Thanks Sandrasothere for posting this great side dish that I will keep repeating.