Recipe by sandrasothere
This goes well with any number of entrees. From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by The SOS
I've tried this exactly to the recipe, and found it a pleasant if somewhat mild side dish. It went with some steaks and mashed potatoes for dinner. The second time I tried the recipe, I sauteed some mushrooms to add and slightly roasted the poppy seeds. In my opinion, the mushrooms give the dish a meatier, somewhat fuller taste, and I much prefer it with them. I served it along with my own recipe for garlic chicken. Either way, a good choice for a side or a snack when you want something quick and simple.
- 2 1⁄3 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in medium saucepan of boiling slated water until al dente.
- Drain well, reserving 4 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat.
- Add noodles, green onions and poppy seeds.
- Toss until pasta is well coated, adding reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls to moisten if noodles seem dry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.