Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
These babies can host almost any cheese, from a semisoft or soft ripened variety like Brie to a semihard one like goat's-milk Cheddar. I'm about to introduce mine to Vegemite. NYA-HA-HAAAAAA!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the dough: Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Pulse together flour, baking powder and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- 3Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Transfer the flour mixture to a large bowl and add the yogurt, 1/2 cup of the sesame seeds and all of the poppy seeds.
- 5Stir just until the ingredients are incorporated.
- 6Divide the dough into quarters, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 10 minutes.
- 7Bake the crackers: Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil and set aside.
- 8Lightly beat the eggs and sugar together in a small bowl until the sugar dissolves and set aside.
- 9Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 10- by 16-inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- 10Brush the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle evenly with the remaining sesame seeds.
- 11Cut into 2- by 5-inch rectangles and bake on the prepared baking sheet until browned -- about 25 minutes.
- 12Transfer crackers to a wire rack to cool completely and store in an airtight container until ready to serve (up to 1 week).
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy and Sesame Seed Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (1023 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g