Recipe by Chef Penn State
From the Richard Simmons Food Mover Cookbook. Very delicious for a Light lunch and a really good savory-sweet dish to satisfy a sweet tooth, but not too overpowered.
Top Review by Claudia Dawn
Great salad. I reduced for individual serving size to pack in my lunch as my DH is not crazy about fruit and nuts in his salad. I thought it was very good. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 pints mandarin oranges, alternate for strawberries
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry the spinach, removing any tough stems.
- Wash strawberries, stem, slice and mix together in big bowl with spinach.
- For dressing, in an electric blender, blend onion, vinegar, oil, and honey until smooth.
- Stir in sesame and poppy seeds.
- Toss salad with dressing just before serving.
- Adding watercress would add some spice.