Recipe by OmaJane
I don't know if this is Popeye's recipe, but I've had it for 30 years and it makes great biscuits. My highschool home ec. teacher had it in a church cookbook. I always bake these in an iron skillet and place a pat of butter on top of each biscuit. These biscuits remind me of my grandmother's cathead biscuits.
Top Review by Pinay0618
So insanely good I can't even find the words. The one change I made: I melted a stick of margarine in the baking dish, put my biscuits in and flipped them over before baking. Unbelievable. Best recipe EVER. :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sour cream into biscuit mix.
- Add club soda and mix.
- Turn out dough on floured surface.
- Roll dough with rolling pin til about one inch thick.
- Cut dough with biscuit cutter and place in buttered iron skillet.
- Place a pat of butter on each biscuit and bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until browned to your liking.