Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple stew made with ground beef.
Make and share this Poor Man's Stew - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans consomme (or 1 can soup/1 can water)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3 -6 carrots
- 3 -6 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Brown ground beef in sauce pan.
- Place browned ground beef in large pot with 1 medium onion- diced, bay leafs, soups.
- Add pepper, garlic powder, oregano, sliced carrots and potatoes.
- Simmer ¾- 1 hour.
- Thicken with 2 tbs of corn starch (in some water); gradually.
- Enjoy with fresh bread.
- Edited to add - I made it a few days ago with beef broth and it was just as good :).
This was very good!! Simple and tasty. I used one can broth and one can water and it was very flavorful. A great way to use hamburger.