Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family's favorite spaghetti growing up. Favorite spaghetti still. Kids love it.
Make and share this Poor Man's Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 3 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1. Brown hamburger and onion. Season to taste.
- 2. Add tomato soup and 1 can of water.
- 3. Cover and simmer while cooking spaghetti.
- 4. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 5. When spaghetti is done, drain and mix with meat/soup. Season to taste.
- 6. Let set about 10 minutes for noodles to absorb some of the sauce.
A good basic recipe that reminded me of the spaghetti my mom made for us when we were young. She used canned Franco American spaghetti and added the ground beef. I used ground round and dried minced onion with Campbell's tomato soup. This is great for a family with younger kids that wouldnt want strong flavors and can easily be kicked up for adults. Made and reviewed for My3Chefs - June 2012.