Shells and Peas (Poor Man's Pasta Sauce)
photo by MixnVixn
- Ready In:
- 3 cups conchiglie (small shell pasta)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 14 ounces tomato sauce, plain
- 14 ounces peas (do not drain)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a stick pot of heavily salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook until al dente; about 6-mins.
- In the meantime, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic slices, stirring constantly so they don't burn. Once a light-golden brown, spoon out garlic and set aside.
- Slowly, add tomato sauce to pan, taking care not to splatter yourself with the popping hot oil. Add, peas with their liquid, herbs and salt and pepper to taste; stirring occasionally. Cook for about 6-mins.
- Once pasta is cooked to perfection, scoop out of water and transfer directly into sauce. Fold pasta into sauce. Remove from heat. Fold in about half the cheese.
- Garnish with additional cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!