Basic Poor Man's Shepherd's Pie
photo by allysonenglert
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 4 large potatoes, boiled & mashed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat Onion to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic, season with salt & pepper to taste, drain.
- In a square 9x9 baking dish mix browned ground beef mixture, canned tomatoes, drained canned corn, and tomato soup.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top like frosting.
- Cover dish with tin foil and bake for 25 minute.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 5-10 minutes, until cheese is fully melted.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes and then serve. Note: the longer you allow it to sit after baking the more stiff it will become, making it easier to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am the uber-busy mom of 4 precious kiddos. I enjoy cooking ALMOST as much as I enjoy eating! However, I have no time for dirty dishes or crazy recipes. My favorite kitchen tool is the Crockpot. Minimal mess, minimal fuss, and maximum YUM!</p>