Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Aka raid the fridge rice. Quick, cheap and easy. Feel free to sub normal bacon for the veggie stuff
- 6 slices vegetarian bacon
- 12 sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 150 g long grain rice
- 300 ml hot vegetable stock, made with cube
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry fry the bacon until the fat starts to come out. add mushrooms and up the heat a little fry until the mushrooms are golden.
- remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic, stir and add the rice and stock. Cook until almost all the liquid is gone remove from heat, stir and leave to stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir cheese through pasta and top with mushrom mix.