Aka raid the fridge rice. Quick, cheap and easy. Feel free to sub normal bacon for the veggie stuff
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dry fry the bacon until the fat starts to come out. add mushrooms and up the heat a little fry until the mushrooms are golden.
- 2remove from heat and keep warm.
- 3Heat the oil and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic, stir and add the rice and stock. Cook until almost all the liquid is gone remove from heat, stir and leave to stand covered for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir cheese through pasta and top with mushrom mix.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor Mans Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.6
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 405.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: