Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
My husband loves Lobster but sadly, living in a landlocked state we have to pay high dollar for seafood. during the rougher times we we can't afford Lobster, this substitute is almost as good
- 1 lb cod
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Combine everything but butter and lemon juice in mircoave safe dish.
- Cook in mircowave 15 minutes until fish flakes easily apart.
- let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine butter and lemon juice in bowlmircowave mix 2 minutes.
- remove cod from cooking broth and plate.
- Serve with lemon butter for dipping.
It was very flavorful and taste. I was very pleasantly suprised. And most of all...MY HUSBAND LOVED IT!!!