Recipe by Whitney Donohue
This is a lovely jelly that sets up a pretty pink color. Or a deep red--it's all in the wine you choose to use!
Top Review by iris5555
I prepared this recipe as written, but the jelly did not set. I'm wondering if perhaps my pectin was a bit old? However, the result was tasty and I found it was very good in homemade cranberry sauce (I used about 1/2 cup with 12 oz of cranberries)
- 591.47 ml wine (your choice)
- 236.59 ml pomegranate juice
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 56.69 g package dry pectin
- 1064.65 ml white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and pectin in a large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam off top, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Tighten 2 piece lids. Process for 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
- *Note--you can use any kind of wine you like. I like to use a pinot grigio--mostly because it is my favorite, but also because it makes a really pretty pink jelly.