Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love sangria (see my recipes) and thought this looked fabulous! Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay. This should be made a couple hours ahead of time or overnight. UPDATE: 11/28/08 I used Beaujolais with great success and floated frozen cranberries for a festive holiday look! I would not suggest eating the cranberries as they are very tart! I really enjoyed this as did my guests! Might wanna make a couple pitchers!
- 750 ml fruity red wine, ie.Beaujolais
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 large orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in 1/2
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries, do not eat
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours before serving. Serve over ice.
- If you are making far in advance, do not add the fruit until one hour before serving. It may pick up a red color from the wine and not look so pretty. Adding frozen cranberries at serving.