1/1 Photo of Pomegranate Jelly
Nana Lee's Note:
I love pomegranates and it is hard to have to wait for the late fall season to be able to have them. So making this jelly is second best. You do not have to make the juice, it can be purchased in the Health Food section of your supermarket or a healthfood store. Make sure it is pure pomegranate juice. A good brand is POM. They even have mix pomegranate and mango, plus other combos! If making this for gifts, you could probably make them in the 4 oz jars. A truly beautiful and tasty jelly. If you like currant jelly, you'll love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 (1/2 pt(1 cup)) jars, with lids and rings.
- 2NOTE: see intro for alternate juice source.
- 3Peel pomegranates and extract juice.
- 4Strain juice through cheesecloth.
- 5Add up to 1/2 cup of water if needed.
- 6HOWEVER, IT IS BETTER TO USE PURE JUICE.
- 7Pour juice into a large pan, 6 to 8 quart.
- 8Pan should not be more than 1/3 full.
- 9Stir in sugar.
- 10Bring juice to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- 11Stir in Certo.
- 12Continue to stir.
- 13Bring to a full rolling boil (one that will not stir down) and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 14Remove from heat.
- 15Skim off foam with large metal spoon.
- 16Immediately ladle into hot jelly jars.
- 17Leave 1/4 inch space at top of jars.
- 18Wipe off any jelly that is on the top of jars, rims and threads. Seal with Dome lids and rings.
- 19Immediately invert jars on towel and let stay that way for 24 hours.
- 20Set jars upright and test for proper seal.
- 21If you are putting jelly into other types of jars or glasses, immediately pour a thin layer of melted wax over hot jelly.
- 22Put on covers or cover with Saran Wrap.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 97.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g