Sweet Heat Pepper Jelly
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
2 1/4 cups
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and minced (or habanero)
- 1 tabasco hot pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons calcium water (in the Pomona's Pectin box)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pomona's pectin
- Combine apple juice and minced peppers in a pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and calcium water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together the sugar and pectin and add to the boiling mixture, stirring well.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Process 10 minutes in a waterbath or store in the fridge up to 1 month.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"