Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crisp green salad made festive by the red pomegranate seeds!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the romaine, onion and pomegranate seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
I actually made this at Christmas time but I'm just getting around to reviewing it now. I served along with a spinach sausage pie. Very good and festive salad! Thanks!
Very enjoyable salad. Loved the slightly tart flavor of the pomegranate with the sweetness of the poppyseed dressing. I did decrease the amount of sugar just a bit though as a personal preference.
This is really good I have made it a couple times now. Tonight its comeing to a potluck Thanks