Recipe by That is Dr House to you
A Disney Recipe. NOTE the recipe included for Pioneer Hall Vinaigrette makes 1 pint. You are only going to use 1/2 cup. See NOTE for Vegan version.
- 8 ounces sliced zucchini, unpeeled
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- fresh ground pepper
Pioneer Hall Vinaigrette (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped sweet relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped green olives
- 1 teaspoon chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped Spanish onion
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 hard-boiled egg, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients to and including the red wine vinegar.
- Then add everything except the oil and egg. Mix.
- Now add the oil and egg. Stir gently with spoon.
- Combine all the salad ingredients and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill. Serve as salad.
- NOTE FOR VEGAN IMPORTANT: OMIT THE EGG. It works very well without it. For Ovo vegetarians and all others leave it in unless you cannot consume eggs.