1 hr 15 mins
Chipotle chilies give this simple to prepare chicken dish a wonderful rich smoky flavour. It may be necessary to increase the number of Chipotles to intensify the flavour of the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2Place the soaked chilies in a blender. Measure the soaking liquid in a jug and make up to 1 2/3 cups with the stock.
- 3Pour the liquid into the blender and process on high until smooth.
- 4Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- 5Place the onions in an ovenproof dish. Add the chicken breasts and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Pour the chipotle puree over the chicken covering each piece and cook in the oven for 1 hour until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 7Serve the chicken with soured cream, Mexican rice and frijoles de olla.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Con Salsa Chipotle (Chicken With Chipotle Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 132.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 29.4 g