Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another one of my grandmother's recipes. Great with mashed potatoes or white rice.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 cloves, of garlic thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 2 -3 fresh bay leaves
- 5 tablespoons cooking sherry
- salt and pepper
- Coat the chicken with the paprika, make sure they are covered evenly, then season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet heat the olive oil and cook the chicken pieces until golden brown. Transfer chicken to a plate. Add the onion, garlic and chorizo to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, and sherry and bring to a boil. Place the chicken in the pan with the sauce. Cover and simmer for about 40 minutes. After the 40 minutes uncover and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover again and let it simmer for another 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
We enjoyed this delicious chicken/chorizo dish. I did not have chorizo that could be sliced, but instead used some fresh turkey chorizo. Next time I will use bone-in chicken thighs vs. boneless, but that's just my preference. This made a really nice meal tonight. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag, February, 2014.