Recipe by MsPia
Chicken Tuscany Style
Top Review by KateL
Sauce is excellent, but need to reserve garlic for the step with the shallots, as Italian recipes stress not burning the garlic, and the medium-high sauté for the chicken is too much for the garlic. Very tasty! Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef broth (not chicken broth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, half the chicken pieces, and a couple of crushed cloves of garlic.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan. Add remaining olive oil, another single turn of the pan, the remaining chicken pieces and garlic.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove. Add vinegar to the pan. Let it cook off.
- Add butter, shallots, and rosemary to the pan and cook 2 minutes, add flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk in wine, reduce 1 minute. Whisk in broth and bring liquids up to a bubble.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer over moderate heat 7 to 8 minutes to finish cooking chicken through.