Charlotte J's Note:
To pipe the polka-dots onto the servings, you will need a pastry bag and a #5 round tip. Hopefully a fun way to get your kids helping and then eating this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add leeks and sauté, stirring occasionally, until leeks are softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock, and bring mixture to a boil.
- 4Add peas, and reduce heat, simmer until peas are bright green and tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Puree using an immersion blender, or transfer mixture to the jar of a blender, working in batches if necessary so as not to fill jar more than halfway, as hot liquid will expand when blended, and process until smooth.
- 7eason with salt and pepper.
- 8Pour soup into serving bowls.
- 9To make polka-dots, fill pastry bag with sour cream.
- 10Pipe dots onto surface of soup, and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polka-Dot Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 103.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 14.3 g