Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I adopted this recipe from a M&M's cookbook. These are very good!!
- 1 (14 ounce) bag shredded coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups miniature M&M baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine coconut, milk, and flour until well blended. Stir in baking chips. Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edged are golden. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in tightly covered container.
I love these macaroons! They do work best with mini M&Ms, but I've also used the regular sized. I plan to make these for halloween with sundrops instead of M&Ms.
Made these for Christmas with green/red M&M's, didn't use mini's, as I couldn't find them in the green and red. Be sure that they have browned a little when baking, my first batch wasn't brown and they didn't 'set' right. Makes a large amount; they keep well in the freezer. One of my hubbie's favorites this year!
This is a great recipe! I used a 10 oz bag of organic coconut and eyeballed the rest with shredded coconut so mine were a bit more chunky. :) Thanks for posting!