1 hr 25 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
I am of Polish ancestry (both parents were Polish) and this is the recipe I came across recently that seems to be like the cheesecake we had at Easter when I was a child. This uses farmer's cheese or cottage cheese and Splenda. You can use regular sugar as well. The following note is what drew me to this recipe, because the cheesecake I had as a child was very dense and heavy: "NOTE: I found this filling to be heavy and dry, which surprised me as I assumed all the whipped ingredients would lighten it. I was wrong."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, partially drained (just not dry)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Pan sizes: 9x13 or 11x17-inches, depending on how high you want the cake. (I use 2 disposable foil pans, one inside the other. To remove from the pan after baking, I loosen the sides then cut the pan and peel it away).
- 3OR you can line the foil pans with foil [;), and lift it out to cut.
- 4COOKIE DOUGH:
- 5Mix flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, and margarine.
- 6Work as for pie dough.
- 7Then add beaten eggs and milk.
- 8Pat in pan which has been greased on bottom and sides.
- 9Cover dough with pineapple.
- 10CHEESECAKE FILLING:.
- 11Cream the cheese with the sugar until very smooth.
- 12Add lemon juice, salt and potato starch.
- 13Add eggs yolks and beat slightly.
- 14Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- 15Fold into the cheese mixture.
- 16Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into cheese mixture.
- 17Pour cheese over pineapple.
- 18TO BAKE:.
- 19Bake for about one hour.
- 20Test with knife in center to see if done.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Style Cheesecake of My Childhood
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 144.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 10.6 g