This is a Polish meatball type dish that is best made with higher quality ground beef. I prefer grass fed, but its certainly easy and tasty either way. I can be easily doubled for more people. Goes well with potatoes, but most carbs will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey, or pork, whatever, mix a few if you like)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or 1 slice bread, soaked in warm water and made mushy
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1Mix all ingredients for the kotlety in a bowl till everything comes together.
- 2Make golf-ball sized, or a bit larger, balls with the meat and place on a plate until needed.
- 3Heat a large skillet and use your preferred oil/fat, then turn the heat down low once it's heated all the way through.
- 4Put the meat on, it should sizzle lightly. If it doesn't, your heat is too low.
- 5Each kotlet should be cooked for a 3-4 minutes per side, then flipped. It will take a little time to heat them all the way through, slice with a knife if unsure.
- 6Once all the kotlety are cooked, put them to the side.
- 7Keep the heat low, and sautee the mushrooms in the pan, making sure all the browned bits and fat coat them.
- 8Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the heavy cream and deglaze the pan.
- 9Serve kotlely, pour sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Meatballs Aka Kotlety
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.9
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 150.3 mg
- Sodium 488.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: