It sounds strange but I have been told by Polish friends about dill pickle soup in the past so it has to be worth a try if only to try something different.
- Place stock in a 5- to 6-quart soup pot.
- Add pork, reserved bones, pickles and pickle juice.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until pork is barely tender when tested with a fork.
- Remove bones.
- Add potatoes and ketchup.
- Bring back to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Adjust seasonings.
- Ladle into warm bowls and serve with rye brea if you wish.
This soup is excellent!! I wasn't sure about the katsup when I made the soup, but it really did add flavor to the soup. I only had one pork chop so it might not have gotten as much flavor as it would have with more chops, but it was good with just one. Next time, I'll plan ahead and have enough pork chops on hand. Also, I used Garlic Dill pickle slices so that gave it a llittle bit of a different taste too. Nonetheless, it was a great soup. Thanks for sharing your recipe Sarah!! Made for ZWT 4 and the Cafe ZMAKK Gypsies.
This really is a fantastic soup! If you're put off by the ingredients, don't be. None of the flavours are strong or overwhelming. I will absolutely make this again, and I'll try and get a picture of the leftovers tomorrow. Yummy! Thanks Sarah Jayne! Made for ZWT 4.