I found this in a heart healthy brochure that I picked up in the drugstore. It's a Mayo Clinic lowfat, low sodium make-over and it also tastes very good although a little salt & a lot of grated parmesean would have moved it up a few places on my list of favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small yellow zucchini
- 1 small green zucchini
- 6 medium mushrooms
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes (Roma)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated
- 10 ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- cracked pepper
- 1Preheat broiler on low setting & position rack 4 inches from heat source. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray generously with non-stick spray.
- 2Slice eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices.Cut red pepper into chunks.Brush vegetables with oil.
- 3Arrange in single layer onto pan and broil. Brush occasionally with oil. Turn as needed. When tender and slightly browned, remove from oven. (May cover and refrigerate if preparing ahead of time.).
- 4Make the Polenta:.
- 5Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray an ovenproof 12-inch shallow baking dish generously with non-stick spray.
- 6In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and slowly whisk in polenta. Continue to stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 7When polenta comes away from side of pan, stir in margarine and season with pepper. Remove from heat.
- 8Spread polenta on the bottom and up the sides of prepared baking dish. Brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- 9Press spinach between paper towels to remove any remaining liquid. Spread in an even layer over polenta.Slice fresh tomatoes & arrange over spinach.Chop sundried tomatoes and olives & scatter over tomatoes.
- 10Top with remaining roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with oregano and cracked black pepper.
- 11Return to oven for another 10 minutes.When warmed through, remove and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta With Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 362.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
trans-fat free margarine