Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Light and flavorful - works well with most white flaky fish (snapper, tilapia, walleye and even mahi mahi).
- Trim off any belly fat or dark meat on fillets.
- Soak fillets in lemon juice for no longer than 5 minutes. Remove fillets from lemon juice and press firmly with paper towel to remove the lemon juice from the fillets. (This will remove any "fishy" taste).
- In a hot skillet over medium heat, coat pan with extra virgin olive oil. Add 3 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Place fillets in the skillet in a single layer. Season with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of thyme, oregano and basil. After a few minutes, carefully turn fillets over. (Depending on what type of fish and how thick the fillets are, cooking time will vary). Season again as noted above. Add capers. I like a whole lot of them, but just add however many you like. Add sliced mushrooms (optional). Reduce heat to medium-low. Add white wine and a tiny splash of lemon juice. Cover and simmer until fish is done (this should only take a few minutes).
- Plate the fillets and spoon the liquid from the pan over them.