Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's a recipe of simple pineapple slices poached in a tea-infused syrup and served over frozen yogurt! My Cinnamon Wontons #296523 add a nice crunch! (NOTE: 3 tablespoons of dried rose hips can be substituted for the 4 rose hips tea bags!) Preparation time does not include time needed to chill the prepared pineapple.
- 1 fresh pineapple, ripe
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 tea bags, rose hips
- 1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- Remove skin from pineapple as well as all 'eyes'.
- Cut pineapple crosswise into 8 thick rounds.
- Remove core with small knife.
- In large skillet combine pineapple, water and honey.
- Bring to boil; add tea bags or rose hips and lower heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes or until pineapple is just tender.
- Remove pineapple with slotted spoon and place in shallow casserole.
- Discard tea bags or strain rose hips through sieve.
- Cook remaining liquid over high heat until reduced to 2 cups; pour over pineapple.
- Cover and chill until very cold.
- Place yogurt in glasses; top with pineapple and drizzle with syrup.
- Great served with cinnamon wontons.
I really liked this more than I thought I would. I used canned pineapple and some herbal green tea-its what I had- and I loved the taste of them with the vanilla. I am going to use the rest to make banana splits for the kids.
Reduced to one serving. I could not find rose hips tea so I used Harney & Sons Chamomile Tea. I also used canned pineapple chunks. The flavor of this dessert is superb and it's healthy for you also. Next time I'll try it using some fresh pineapple and perhaps some strawberry flavored yogurt. A definite keeper!