Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a recipe of simple pineapple slices poached in a tea-infused syrup and served over frozen yogurt! My Cinnamon Wontons #296523 add a nice crunch! (NOTE: 3 tablespoons of dried rose hips can be substituted for the 4 rose hips tea bags!) Preparation time does not include time needed to chill the prepared pineapple.
Top Review by Margie99
I really liked this more than I thought I would. I used canned pineapple and some herbal green tea-its what I had- and I loved the taste of them with the vanilla. I am going to use the rest to make banana splits for the kids.
- 1 fresh pineapple, ripe
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 tea bags, rose hips
- 1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from pineapple as well as all 'eyes'.
- Cut pineapple crosswise into 8 thick rounds.
- Remove core with small knife.
- In large skillet combine pineapple, water and honey.
- Bring to boil; add tea bags or rose hips and lower heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes or until pineapple is just tender.
- Remove pineapple with slotted spoon and place in shallow casserole.
- Discard tea bags or strain rose hips through sieve.
- Cook remaining liquid over high heat until reduced to 2 cups; pour over pineapple.
- Cover and chill until very cold.
- Place yogurt in glasses; top with pineapple and drizzle with syrup.
- Great served with cinnamon wontons.