Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From local morning news channel.
- 15 jumbo green asparagus
- 8 ounces morels, split, washed and dried
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 diced plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel and blanch asparagus, drain and set aside
- In a large sauté pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add in mushrooms and sauté until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in shallots and garlic. Once they become fragrant, deglaze with sherry wine and flambé. Cook until all alcohol is cooked out.
- Add in heavy cream, vegetable stock and lemon juice - reduce by half.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter. Mix until butter is melted and emulsified.
- Add tomatoes and parsley then season to desired taste.
- Serve asparagus topped with sauce.
- Notes: Add crab meat to dish if desired.
- If you can't find morel mushrooms- crimini mushrooms or portabella mushrooms are a good substitute.
Great dish. I'm no vegetarian but it was so satisfying I had it for lunch by itself. Yum! Thank you.
Great! Loved it! Tried for ZWT VI. I don't eat any mushrooms, so I omitted them. Used light cream, and much less butter and olive oil. Loved the tomato/asparagus combo. Thanks so much! Delicious! Will make again.