Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Any white fish fillets will do for this simple recipe. Good served with basmati and wild rice and green beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 (4 ounce) white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the onion and fry over a medium heat for 5-10min until softened. Add the pepper and fry for a further 2-3min.
- Stir in the tomatoes and vinegar, bring to the boil and cook for 1-2min, then add the fish and poach gently for 10min, adding a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick. Stir through the cilantro, season with salt and pepper and serve.