Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fresh tasting and easy dish. Serve with rice or pasta and a salad.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh or frozen cod fish fillets
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook till soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and capers and simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- Add the cod and simmer till flaky.
- Add the basil and serve.
very easy recipe. served with angel hair pasta.
yum! definitely work a appetite!
Great recipe. Easy to make and very tasteful. I use a Basil,oregano,garlic diced tomato mix which seems to complement the flavors well. My family likes it, but even more important, all the firefighters on my shift loved it!