Recipe by Barb in WNY
A recipe to try this summer when the Farmers Market has fresh plums.
Top Review by cupcakeninja
This recipe preserves the taste of late summer plums in a surprisingly fantastic combination! The almond extract truly adds to the flavour and these muffins disappear quickly in my house! We've also substituted rhubarb in for the plums... or a blueberry/vanilla extract combination. Thank you so much for sharing!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup red plum, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Generously grease 12 muffin cups or line with papers.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to blend thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl. whisk milk, egg, melted butter, and almond.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture.
- Blend with a wooden spoon until a moist, lumpy batter is formed.
- Stir in plums.
- Spoon into prepared cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.