Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is really good with BBQ (MMmmm Lamb Chops) Has a nice tang to it
Make and share this Plum Good Pickled Plums recipe from Food.com.
- Wash the fruit and prick each plum with a fork.
- Put all the other ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil, stirring until the sugar has melted.
- Add plums and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Put plums into sterilized jars.
- Keep boiling the syrup until it thickens, pour over plums.
- Check the jars are sealed, keep for 2 months before using.
Bergy, I am loving the recipes you are sharing. This has colour, sex appeal, ( in the jar lol!) warmth and a fab palate.. I know I have to leave these for two months however, I am betting will give in and try one jar earlier. Have used the fortune plums , smaller with a yellow flesh and deep red/purple skins. I will make sure to update when the 2 months have passed and making another batch today anyway..have a feeling this is one of those recipes I'll hand down to the kids.. Allie :) UPDATED.. I left these for quite a few months before using.. the family loves it with the BBQ.. will be making this again .