Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
A simple chicken dish with oriental overtones!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (I use breasts on the bone)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 jar plum puree (a small baby food jar)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- paprika (for garnish)
- chopped coriander (for garnish)
- Arrange chicken, meaty side down, in a shallow 9x13 inch, foiled-lined baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, plum baby food, brown sugar, honey, orange juice, chinese 5-spice and garlic.
- Brush chicken generously with some of the mixture, then pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Cover and bake 350F degrees for 25 mts.
- Then uncover and turn chicken over.
- Continue to cook uncovered for 30 mts longer, basting occasionally.
- Sprinkle with paprika and Chopped corainder prior to serving.
- Some nice fluffy basmati Rice goes well with this.