Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A BBQ recipe for turkey that is also low fat any fruit jam can be substituted for the plum jam.
- 1 cup plum jam
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast tenderloins
- Mix all ingredients together except turkey in a medium bowl. Place turkey in a shallow glass dish. Pour half of the plum mixture over the turkey to coat. Reserve remaining half of plum mixture. Cover dish and refrigerate 30 minutes; turning once.
- Remove turkey from marinade, reserving the marinade for basting. Cover and grill turkey 4 to 6 inches over medium-high heat for 25 to 30 minutes, turning and basting occasionally until juice of turkey is no longer pink when centers of the thickest pieces are cut. Discard any remaining basting marinade.
- Heat reserved plum mixture and serve with turkey.
A while back I bought several jars of plum jam because one of my locals stores was discontinuing it. Have been trying to use things up in my pantry and found this recipe. It is wonderful and is nice change from plain old grilled turkey. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.