Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe from Ricardo. ETA : I made it and since I didn't have enough plums (I had 7 plums but it gave me only 3 cups), I added frozen raspberries. It's a different crumble with the almond powder and the almonds. Different than with oat but it's so good.
- 1 cup almond powder
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 7 cups plums, pitted, cut in 8 quarters (6 to 8 plums)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Put the rack of the oven in the center. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Crumble: In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add butter and mix juntil preparation is just moisten and stick together until the pressure of the fingers. Set aside.
- Garnish: In a square baking pan of 20 cm (8 inch) or that can hold 2 L (8 cups), mix sugar and cornstarch. Add plums, butter and stir well.
- Cover with the crumble by dropping it in pieces on the plums. Cook in oven about 45 minutes or until golden. Serve to room temperature or cold.
Made the recipe as given & we thoroughly enjoyed the combo of plum & almond! So far this year I've usually had poor luck getting nice tasting plums, but stopped at the Farmers' Market just before making this & the plums were absolutely great & made for an outstanding crumble! Thanks for providing this great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]