Chef #208121's Note:
serve to your favorite vulcan in bed. A carrot/onion/celery soup. I don't think this is the version that came out of the 70s cookbook. I do think it might be the version out of Nelix's cookbook however considering his gastronomical delights.. Kirk version has cream. For vegetarians or Vulcans use the vegetable stock and lose the cream. To Ornish drop the butter or sub and drop the cream. Follow the unoffical notes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, substitute or 1 cup vegan butter, substitute, see notes
- 4 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon soul seasoning
- 1 tablespoon beef stew seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 12 1/3 ounces silken firm tofu
- 1NOTE: If using the vegan butter sub, saute the onion in a bit of the vegetable broth. Do not add the butter until you reach the serving stage then taste and add to taste.
- 2Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan and saute the onions over low heat until transparent.
- 3Add the remaining butter, melt, and add the carrots--cooking over low heat until browned, about 30 minutes.
- 4Add the celery and cook 10 more minutes on low heat. Pour in the stock, salt, and pepper, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let soup simmer for about an hour.
- 5When ready to serve if you want Kirk's version add the heavy cream.
- 6Ok the above is the "official recipe".
- 7Notes for unofficial additions:.
- 8First lose the cream. It is no longer optional because you are using the tofu. I also lost the butter. I used Butterbuds in place of it. If needed add more liquid or increase the amount of tofu.
- 9Add the seasonings to the soup when you simmer. that includes the Braggs.
- 10when ready to serve, puree the soup with a stick blender then add the cut up tofu [cut for ease in the next part] and puree again. it should turn almost a dreamsicle color. It shouldn't need thickening however let simmer a bit more if it does then serve with garnish of greens and diced tomatoes or a bit of salsa.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plomeek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (708 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.4
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 858.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef stew seasoning
Braggs liquid aminos