1 hr 30 mins
Calling all pie lovers and seasoned bakers. I would love your opinions on this sweet potato pie recipe. It was my first attempt and I thought it came out really good, but I would greatly appreciate objective and honest comments and reviews. The "Basic Flaky Pie Crust" recipe came from another website and I didn't change a thing (in my opinion, the crust was perfect!) For the filling, I read several recipes, tweaked them each a tad and settled on a combination that I thought might work. So, please try my sweet potato pie....and let me know what you think. I value your opinions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PIE CRUST:.
- 2Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium size bowl.
- 3Cut in the cold shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water over flour.
- 5Toss mixture with a fork to moisten, adding more water a few drops at a time until the dough comes together.
- 6Gently gather dough particles together into a ball, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
- 7Roll out dough, and put in an 8 1/4" x 1 1/4" foil pie plate.
- 9Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 10Place well drained sweet potatoes in medium sized mixing bowl.
- 11Add softened butter and mix well with mixer.
- 12Stir in sugars, evaporated milk, eggs, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- 13Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- 14Pour filling into the unbaked pie crust.
- 15Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Please Try My Sweet Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3209.9
- Calories from Fat 1324
- Total Fat 147.1 g
- Saturated Fat 49.6 g
- Cholesterol 520.6 mg
- Sodium 1300.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 433.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 225.6 g
- Protein 45.1 g