Mrs B's Note:
Posted for RSC#8
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 plantains (fairly firm ones)
- sunflower oil (for frying)
- 1To make the dip: Heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan then add the diced mango, white wine, cardomom pods, white wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar; cook for about 4 minutes then add ginger and garlic and continue to cook until the mango is soft enough to mash lightly.
- 2Remove from heat; when cool remove cardomom pods then add the sour cream, diced chilli and cilantro; mix well together and set aside while you prepare the plantains.
- 3Chips: peel the plantains and cut into diagonally slanted slices.
- 4Pour sunflower oil to a depth of 1 ½ inches into a large pan and place over a medium heat until hot; fry the plantain ‘chips’ (in batches) for about 3 minutes, turning them until brown.
- 5Drain the chips on kitchen paper, keeping cooked chips warm while the next batch is cooking.
- 6Serve hot chips with dip.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plantain Chips With Chilli Mango Dip
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.1
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 55.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar