Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple stuffing for a weeknight chicken dinner. Only a very few ingredients.
Make and share this Plain Ol' Bread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups cubed whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 5 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half, 5%
- Heat oven to 375.
- In medium saute pan, over medium high heat, melt the oil/butter.
- Add the vegetables and saute until softened.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant.
- Remove pan from heat and add the sage along with salt and pepper.
- Place bread cubes into a large bowl.
- Add the veg mixture along with the eggs and half/half.
- Mix until all is incorporated.
- Place mixture in a medium, greased, casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.