Recipe by Sandra Hyde
A dish that I developed because I like the taste of mushrooms. The lemon enhances the mushroom flavour
Top Review by Missy Wombat
I used this recipe to test my first ever mushrooms from my homegrown mushrooms. It highlighted the mushrooms perfectly accentuating the fresh taste without overwhelming it. Great combination.
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 dash lemon juice
- butter, for frying (just enough to stop the mushrooms sticking to the pan if you are not using a non-stick frypan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a damp cloth.
- Remove the stems, cutting them into very tiny pieces, then gently heating them in a non-stick pan for about two minutes.
- Remove the pieces from the pan.
- Grease a pan with the butter (or use a non-stick frypan).
- Place the (stemless) mushrooms in the pan so each becomes a small'cup'.
- Divide the mushroom pieces evenly between the'cups'.
- Add a pinch of paprike and a dash of lemon juice to each'cup'.
- Heat in the frypan until the mushrooms are cooked (but not broken up).