Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is a one pot meal that all seem to love! I'm not gonna brag but I've made this by request so many times.
- 1 (16 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- brown hamburger meat & drain.
- mix in water, diced tomatoes, & tomato sauce.
- bring to a boil then add olives, noodles, mushrooms & olive oil.
- turn to medium low heat & let cook for 20-25 minute.
- you can top with parmesan cheese & serve with garlic bread! ENJOY!
Quick and easy. I made as written,except for the olives. My nephew does not like them. This will made again. Made for I Recommend Tag.
I can see this being a big hit with families. My 4 yr old grandson LOVED it and told me over & over it was "good sketti". I made a few adjustments mainly by adding 1 TBS of italian pizza seasoning, a chopped onion & bell pepper, and cooking this in a large skillet. It didn't take the full 45 minutes to have the noodles al dente. It was very saucy, but as it sat it absorbed some of it. I would probably add more seasoning & another can of sauce instead of some of the water next time. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for Pick A Chef Spring '09 and served with a green salad, 1905 Salad Dressing Recipe , green beans, and garlic bread.
Great quick and easy meal! I used fresh mushrooms and left out the green olives. This is a great weeknight dish that truly is made in one pan - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009